I Spy Salad Recipe
We dug into this salad, named after a memory game we played with the kids. This colorful layered salad is chock-full of flavorful ingredients and garnished with cute hard-cooked egg-and-olive eyes on the top. Perky eyebrows are made with the sliced white portion of the eggs.Leslie Dumm, Clevemand Heights, Ohio
- 2-1/2 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 2-1/2 cups torn romaine
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved and sliced
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 2 hard-cooked egg, halved and lengthwise
- 1 ripe olives, halved
- Salad dressing of your choice
- In a 2-qt. salad bowl, layer the first nine ingredients in the order given. Arrange tomatoes and cucumber around the edge. Place two egg halves in the middle of salad for eyes; top with olive halves for pupils.
- Remove yolk from the remaining egg halves. For eyelashes, cut six thin slices from egg white; place above eyes (refrigerate leftover egg for another use). Serve the salad with dressing of your choice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as I Spy Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2005, p13
Reviews for I Spy Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review