I was able to remake this dish I had enjoyed while eating out. The fruit adds a special touch to this breakfast.—Melissa Kerrick, Auburn, New York
- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon banana or vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 8 slices oat bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries or frozen unsweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute bananas with brown sugar. Stir in banana extract. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add banana mixture; beat well. Spread on four slices of bread; top with remaining bread.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches in butter for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, blueberries and sugar; heat through. Serve with French toast; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as I'm Stuffed French Toast in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p85
Reviews for I'm Stuffed French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review