- 2 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon banana or vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 8 slices oat bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries or frozen unsweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute bananas with brown sugar. Stir in banana extract. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add banana mixture; beat well. Spread on four slices of bread; top with remaining bread.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cinnamon and vanilla. Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture.
- In a large skillet, toast sandwiches in butter for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, blueberries and sugar; heat through. Serve with French toast; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for I'm Stuffed French Toast
Sort By :
this is good
I am giving it a five even tho I have not fixed it yet. I do something similar with my french toast and this is going to be wonderful. I wonder if after one side of the french toast is done and you flip it over, can you put the banana filling on it them. Then as the other french toast pieces get done, just put them on top of the piece with the filling on it? It may make the filling soak into that piece or it may make a mess! What do you thing?