Hurry-Up Tuna Supper Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a skillet, combine the vegetables, water, onion and salt. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the soup, rice, tuna, parsley and marjoram. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed. Stir in lemon juice. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 274 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 1,020 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Hurry-Up Tuna Supper
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.