Hurry-Up Hoosier Sandwiches Recipe
"These simple egg sandwiches are delicious and quick to make," says Sue Call of Beech Grove, Indiana. "They're great when you're hurring to get to work."
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- Mayonnaise and/or mustard, optional
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices thinly sliced deli ham
- 1. In a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add egg; reduce heat to low. Fry until white is completely set and yolk begins to thicken but is not hard.
- 2. Place a cheese slice on each egg. Cook 1 minute longer. Spread each toast slice with mayonnaise and/or mustard if desired. On four toast slices, place an egg with cheese, lettuce leaf and ham slice. Top with remaining toast. Yield: 4 sandwiches.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC