Hurry-Up Hoosier Sandwiches
"These simple egg sandwiches are delicious and quick to make," says Sue Call of Beech Grove, Indiana. "They're great when you're hurring to get to work."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- Mayonnaise and/or mustard, optional
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 slices thinly sliced deli ham
- In a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add egg; reduce heat to
- low. Fry until white is completely set and yolk begins to thicken
- but is not hard.
- Place a cheese slice on each egg. Cook 1 minute longer. Spread each
- toast slice with mayonnaise and/or mustard if desired. On four toast
- slices, place an egg with cheese, lettuce leaf and ham slice. Top
- with remaining toast. Yield: 4 sandwiches.