Hurry-Up Ham N Noodles Recipe
- 5 to 6 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- 2. Add the ham, cheese, onions, salt and pepper; cook, uncovered, until heated through. Drain noodles; add to ham mixture. Toss to coat; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 619 calories, 43 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 193 mg cholesterol, 1,154 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Hurry-Up Ham N Noodles
"LOVE this recipe, during the week it's a quick meal that's tasty and kids and husband ALL love too!! Also have make it for potlucks and everyone has loved it!!"
"I have been making this for several years. One of my favorite ways to use leftover ham."
"It was good"
"Every time i have leftover ham, i make this for dinner. it is wonderful and the recipe is perfect, I wouldn't ever change a thing! It's one of my families favorites, thank you for sharing this recipe :)"
"This is all my kids favorite meal!"
"This is so easy and delicious. It is our family's favorite after Christmas and Easter left over recipe. My 5 year old has asked for it for her birthday dinner too. DELICIOUS"
"My kids loved it but since we don't enjoy onions (thus leaving them out), it seemed a little blah and very fattening to me"
"This recipe is one of my favorites and so easy to prepare. I substitute a dash of onion powder for the green onion and add frozen green peas (thawed) instead. I usually serve it with cornbread and a fruit on the side for a complete and delicious weeknight meal. Yum!"
"This recipe is often requested by my three girls. Try adding frozen peas. Yum!"
"This is one of our family favorites. I've fixed it many times and always have to fix a double batch."
"I have made this dish several times and it always is wonderful. It's very easy and quick to prepare, and the green onion gives it great flavor. Try adding a small can of mushrooms. This is a family favorite."
"Definitely a family favorite. Always make a double batch. Super easy & fast dinner!dmaier"
"This is my teenagers' favorite meal! I make it substituting a large clove of garlic (crushed) for the green onions. I saute the garlic in the butter. Also, I've substituted light cream for heavy cream and it tastes just as good! Wonderful easy recipe!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.