Hurry-Up Ham N Noodles
Hurry-Up-Ham 'n' Noodles is a rich-tasting entree created by Lucille Howell of Portland, Oregon. "This basic hearty dish is ready to serve in almost the time it takes cook the noodles," she says. "It is super for a luncheon or anytime I'm in a hurry."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 to 6 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Gradually whisk in cream.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes
- longer or until thickened.
- Add the ham, cheese, onions, salt and pepper; cook, uncovered, until
- heated through. Drain noodles; add to ham mixture. Toss to coat;
- heat through.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 619 calories, 43 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 193 mg cholesterol, 1,154 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.