Hurry-Up-Ham 'n' Noodles is a rich-tasting entree created by Lucille Howell of Portland, Oregon. "This basic hearty dish is ready to serve in almost the time it takes cook the noodles," she says. "It is super for a luncheon or anytime I'm in a hurry."
- 5 to 6 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Gradually whisk in cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Add the ham, cheese, onions, salt and pepper; cook, uncovered, until heated through. Drain noodles; add to ham mixture. Toss to coat; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hurry-Up Ham N Noodles in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p9
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Hurry-Up Ham N Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review