Hurry-Up Ham Carbonara Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) angel hair pasta
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup stick margarine, melted
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion in oil. Add the ham, broth and margarine; heat through.
- 2. Drain pasta; add to ham mixture. Add egg yolks; cook until the eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 582 calories, 34 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 873 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.