Hurry-Up Ham Carbonara Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) angel hair pasta
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup stick margarine, melted
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion in oil. Add the ham, broth and margarine; heat through.
- Drain pasta; add to ham mixture. Add egg yolks; cook until the eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hurry-Up Ham Carbonara(5)
Sort By :
Very good as written. I did increase the amount of ham to 1½ cups.
This was extremely bland- had very little flavor. It needs garlic at least to save it! As written, this recipe is not worth making again.
I have made this recipe many times and we really enjoy it. We've reduced the oil and butter by half and it's still quite tastey!
I'd seen different versions of this recipe, but this one has most everything one would have on hand. Spicing it up with garlic a bit is a good idea. Maybe a bit less veg. oil next time. I will make this again and again!
This has been a favorite recipe of ours since I first saw it in the magazine years ago! Made as is, it is a mild flavor so over the years I have added some addition of garlic and chili pepper to our liking. Can't believe no one has ever rated this recipe... its a keeper!