This pleasing pasta from Romona Parris of Marietta Georgia will satisfy your taste buds and your pocketbook. "Try adding frozen peas or sliced mushrooms for even more flavor," she suggests. Priced at 96 cents a plate, it's bound to make regular appearances at your table.
- 1 package (8 ounces) angel hair pasta
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup stick margarine, melted
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onion in oil. Add the ham, broth and margarine; heat through.
- Drain pasta; add to ham mixture. Add egg yolks; cook until the eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hurry-Up Ham Carbonara in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p10
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hurry-Up Ham Carbonara
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review