Hunter's Stew Recipe
Since receiving this recipe from a friend years ago I have appreciated its meal-in-one convenience. While it bakes, I can concentrate on other things I enjoy doing. - Anne Reynolds, Sprakers, New York
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 2 hours YIELD:4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1. Crumble beef into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with the onion, carrots, potatoes and beans. Combine soup and water; pour over beans.
- 2. Cover and bake at 375° for 2 hours or until the meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 496 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 613 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC