Hunter's Delight Recipe
“We live in the ’north woods,’ so we usually have an ample supply of venison. This is a recipe our mom made often, and it’s one of our favorites.” —Terry Paull, Eagle River, Wisconsin
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless venison steak, cubed
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain. Place potatoes and onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with venison and bacon.
- 2. Combine the corn, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and seasoned salt; pour over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
1-2/3 cups equals 355 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 658 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC