- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless venison steak, cubed
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain. Place potatoes and onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with venison and bacon.
- Combine the corn, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and seasoned salt; pour over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Hunter's Delight
"This is a great recipe for venison. I am always looking for new ways to cook it.Definitely will make again! The only thing I did different was add some chopped garlic.I don't think it needed it. This is easy to put together in the morning and have a great meal for a chilly night. Thanks for sharing!"
"Great recipe! I loved this one and will definitely use it again."
"My husband grew up eating venison in Michigan's upper peninsula. He LOVED this recipe and so do our friends! Delicious as is -- didn't change any ingredients. Definitely a keeper!"
"I used beef instead. My husband told me about 3 times how good it was!"
"Excellent!! I've made this a couple of times and didn't change a thing."
"We really like this recipe!!!! Will absolutely make it again & again. I did add some fresh cracked black pepper (a little). I'm sure this would work with beef or pork as well. Thanks for sharing!!"
"We all really liked this recipe. The meat was tender and the flavor fantastic. Our only change was the addition of garlic."
"Great meal! I love the ease of the slow cooker. My girls couldn't get enough of the meat & there were no leftovers. I will make again."
"Made this last night for dinner. Went over very well! Easy to make, great flavor. My husband requested I make it again and bring it up the the hunting shack. Thanks!"