“We live in the ’north woods,’ so we usually have an ample supply of venison. This is a recipe our mom made often, and it’s one of our favorites.” —Terry Paull, Eagle River, Wisconsin
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless venison steak, cubed
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain. Place potatoes and onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with venison and bacon.
- Combine the corn, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and seasoned salt; pour over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hunter's Delight in Taste of Home October/November 2008, p53
Reviews for Hunter's Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review