- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 2-1/2 pounds red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless venison steak, cubed
- 2 cans (14-3/4 ounces each) cream-style corn
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain. Place potatoes and onions in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with venison and bacon.
- Combine the corn, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and seasoned salt; pour over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat and potatoes are tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Hunter's Delight
Sort By :
Great recipe! I loved this one and will definitely use it again.
My husband grew up eating venison in Michigan's upper peninsula. He LOVED this recipe and so do our friends! Delicious as is -- didn't change any ingredients. Definitely a keeper!
I used beef instead. My husband told me about 3 times how good it was!
Excellent!! I've made this a couple of times and didn't change a thing.
We really like this recipe!!!! Will absolutely make it again & again. I did add some fresh cracked black pepper (a little). I'm sure this would work with beef or pork as well. Thanks for sharing!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Stew Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Stew Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Steak >
- Slow Cooker Stew Recipes >