- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) pork and beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- In a skillet, cook beef, celery, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Hungry Man's Dinner in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p208
Reviews for Hungry Man's Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review