Hungry Man's Baked Potatoes Recipe
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 3 thick-sliced bacon strips, cut into quarters
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-15 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute corn and onion in drippings until tender.
- 3. With a sharp knife, cut an "X" in each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Place pork in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Top potatoes with pork, corn mixture, bacon, goat cheese and cilantro. Yield: 4 servings.
1 stuffed potato equals 435 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 1,044 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Hungry Man's Baked Potatoes
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.