- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 medium apple, sliced
- 1 teaspoon creamy peanut butter
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs , optional
- 1 small pear, sliced
- 1 clementine, peeled
- 2 fresh strawberries, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 small cluster green grapes
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews
- In a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar, milk and extract until smooth; set aside.
- Cut apple in half lengthwise; place one half on a serving platter. Cut remaining half into slices. Cut eyes from one slice.
- Using peanut butter, attach apple pieces for eyes and a cashew half for a mouth. If desired, attach thyme sprigs for antennae. Arrange apple slices and remaining fruit in a wavy pattern to form caterpillar body. Place cashews under caterpillar for legs; spoon glaze over fruit. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hungry Fruit Caterpillar in Taste of Home February/March 2012, p72
Reviews for Hungry Fruit Caterpillar
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 10, 2013
"Great to make with the kids at daycare."