- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cooked wide noodles
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown ribs on all sides. Add onions; cook until tender. Combine all remaining ingredients except noodles; pour over ribs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until the meat is tender, about 3 hours. Thicken gravy if desired. Serve over noodles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hungarian Short Ribs
Sort By :
"This was so, so good. My husband loved it, as did I. Definitely will make again."
"I tried this recipe and everyone loved it. the only thing I did different was to add some sour cream to the juice after I took out the meat. great!!!"
"My family really liked this short ribs recipe! I served it with noodles, peas, and made homemade bread with it. Thanks!"
"Made this for my family and they really liked it. My daughter who usually takes forever to eat, gobbled the ribs up right away. Would definitely make this again - it was really easy too!"