Hungarian Short Ribs Recipe
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cooked wide noodles
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high. Brown ribs on all sides. Add onion; cook until tender. Combine all remaining ingredients except noodles; pour over ribs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until the meat is tender, about 3 hours. Thicken gravy if desired. Serve over noodles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hungarian Short Ribs
Sort By :
"I tried this recipe and everyone loved it. the only thing I did different was to add some sour cream to the juice after I took out the meat. great!!!"
"My family really liked this short ribs recipe! I served it with noodles, peas, and made homemade bread with it. Thanks!"
"Made this for my family and they really liked it. My daughter who usually takes forever to eat, gobbled the ribs up right away. Would definitely make this again - it was really easy too!"
"this recipe was so easy i was surprised on the flavor. the meat was extremely tender didnt put it on the noodles because it does have high fat on the surface, light rice on the side with steamed vegetable was perfect."
"RE: Hungarian Short RibsI used this recipe with beef back ribs, skimmed most of the fat off that I could. The ribs were moist, tender and absolutely delicious. I am making this recipe again tonight with pork country ribs. My husband and I enjoyed these will enjoy this recipe for a long time"