Hungarian Short Ribs Recipe
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cooked wide noodles
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high. Brown ribs on all sides. Add onion; cook until tender. Combine all remaining ingredients except noodles; pour over ribs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until the meat is tender, about 3 hours. Thicken gravy if desired. Serve over noodles. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hungarian Short Ribs(5)
Sort By :
Made this for my family and they really liked it. My daughter who usually takes forever to eat, gobbled the ribs up right away. Would definitely make this again - it was really easy too!
this recipe was so easy i was surprised on the flavor. the meat was extremely tender didnt put it on the noodles because it does have high fat on the surface, light rice on the side with steamed vegetable was perfect.
RE: Hungarian Short Ribs
I used this recipe with beef back ribs, skimmed most of the fat off that I could. The ribs were moist, tender and absolutely delicious. I am making this recipe again tonight with pork country ribs. My husband and I enjoyed these will enjoy this recipe for a long time
I loved this. It was easy to make. I did skim off a lot of fat before serving. It might be one of those recipes you would make the day before and refrigerate and take off the fat and reheat. But is was excellent. I will make this again!
I was surprised at all the good flavor. I did put it in the slow cooker for about 8 hours on medium heat. Then I added half a cup of half and half to the sauce along with some flour to thicken the sauce. I also shredded the ribs and combine them with the sauce. Everyone loved it at our family gathering. I will definitely make it again.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Ribs >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Sauces & Toppings Recipes >