"my whole family enjoys this change-of-pace salad," relates David Wasson, Tulsa, Oklahoma. He adds a fast-to-fix dressing to frozen veggies, olives and onions to make the colorful crunchy medley a hit at any gathering.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine the first four ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic salt and pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hungarian Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p11
Reviews for Hungarian Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2011
"Very good and a nice change from the ordinary side dish."
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2009
"I love this recipe!!"