Hungarian Pork Loaf
I found this treasured recipe in my great-aunt's handwritten cookbook. She was a wonderful cook, and the entire family always looked forward to hearty meals at her home.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + standing Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 2 cups crushed herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
- In a bowl, combine stuffing mix and buttermilk; let stand for 15
- minutes. Add pork, egg, parsley, garlic salt and 1/2 teaspoon
- paprika; mix well.
- Press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for
- 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads
- 160°-170°; drain. Sprinkle with remaining paprika. Yield:
- 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 258 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 445 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.