Hungarian Pork Loaf Recipe
I found this treasured recipe in my great-aunt's handwritten cookbook. She was a wonderful cook, and the entire family always looked forward to hearty meals at her home.
- 2 cups crushed herb-seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika, divided
- 1. In a bowl, combine stuffing mix and buttermilk; let stand for 15 minutes. Add pork, egg, parsley, garlic salt and 1/2 teaspoon paprika; mix well.
- 2. Press into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°-170°; drain. Sprinkle with remaining paprika. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 piece: 258 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 83mg cholesterol, 445mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, trace fiber), 19g protein
Reviews for Hungarian Pork Loaf
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2013
"This was awesome!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC