This is my delicious version of a classic comfort food from my childhood: stuffed peppers. The cream cheese gives it a velvety smoothness.—
- 1 cup shredded Romano cheese
- 2 to 3 Hungarian wax or banana peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 dozen Apple Spice Meatballs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- On a baking sheet, sprinkle 1 tablespoon Romano cheese into a 3-in. circle, repeat 15 times. Bake at 300° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a Dutch oven, saute peppers in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add stock. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the meatballs, milk and cream cheese; heat through (do not boil). Serve with Romano crisps. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hungarian Pepper Soup with Romano Crisps in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p85
Reviews for Hungarian Pepper Soup with Romano Crisps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review