- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, egg and
- cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches
- 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat; gently stir in walnuts and apple. Cool
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into
- four portions. Roll each into a 12-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread
- filling to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style,
- starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal. Place seam side down
- on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove
- from pans to wire racks to cool. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine
- confectioner's sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency;
- drizzle over warm loaves. Yield: 4 loaves (12 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 222 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 87 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.