Hungarian Noodle Side Dish Recipe
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium noodles, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in water. Add the next six ingredients; mix well. Stir in cottage cheese, sour cream and noodles and mix well.
- 2. Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and paprika. Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 each: 369 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 810mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Hungarian Noodle Side Dish
"This is excellent. My family loves it. It is definitely a keeper!_nlfPA"
"Average. Apricot kugel is a much better noodle dish"
"This dish was delicious! Followed recipe exactly except omitted seeds. Makes a lot and super simple to put together. Next time I will add mushrooms."
"I made this last night and it was wonderful. I followed the recipe exactly. I was just wondering, what makes it Hungarian?"
"Excellent dish, will make again. I didn't the add poppy seeds."
"This is the ultimate comfort food. I did use a bit more onion , but that was a personal preference.Next time I may add mushrooms. Very, very good recipe !!"
"Yum! This was a delicious, creamy dish that I'm sure I will make again. I did omit the poppy seeds because I had none on hand but the flavor was still wonderful. The Worcestershire really gives it a nice tang. Easy to prepare, too. It does make a LOT so next time I will either use this as the entree for a meat-free dinner, or halve the recipe."