Hungarian Mushroom Soup Recipe
You'd think you were eating at a fine restaurant when you taste this cream soup. It's so delicious!—Sandy Vaughn, Central Point, Oregon
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender.
- 2. Stir in the flour, paprika, dill, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, milk and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 3. Just before serving, stir in sour cream and lemon juice (do not boil). Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 275 calories, 18 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 1,249 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC