- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in the flour, paprika, dill, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, milk and soy sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream and lemon juice (do not boil). Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Hungarian Mushroom Soup in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p58
Reviews for Hungarian Mushroom Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2014
Great recipe! Will make this again!