- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 cups water
- HOT DOGS:
- 1 package (14 ounces) smoked kielbasa links
- 6 hot dog buns, split
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, yellow mustard and chopped onion
- In a large skillet, cook beef and garlic over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in brown sugar and seasonings. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 25-30 minutes or liquid is almost evaporated.
- Cook kielbasa according to package directions. Serve in buns with chili and, if desired, toppings. Yield: 6 servings (2 cups chili).
Originally published as Hungarian Hot Dogs in Taste of Home Recipes Across America 2013, p224
Reviews for Hungarian Hot Dogs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review