- sugar and remaining salt and pepper; stir into skillet. Bring to a
- boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over
- meat. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Stir sour
- cream into slow cooker. Drain noodles; serve with goulash. Yield: 12
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup goulash with 1 cup noodles equals 388 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.