Hungarian Cabbage With Noodles Recipe
—Marjorie Werner, East Greenville, Pennsylvania
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups chopped cabbage (1-inch squares)
- 3 cups cooked noodles (4 ounces uncooked)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. Saute bacon until crisp in large frying pan. Remove bacon; set aside. Stir sugar and salt into bacon drippings. Add cabbage, stirring until cabbage is coated with bacon drippings. Cover and cook 7 to 10 minutes. Add cooked noodles and bacon, stirring to blend. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- 2. Spoon into 2-quart baking casserole; cover tightly and bake at 325° for 45 minutes. Spread sour cream over top of casserole; sprinkle with paprika and return to oven for 5 minutes more. Yield: 10 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC