Hungarian Cabbage With Noodles
Marjorie Werner, East Greenville, Pennsylvania
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups chopped cabbage (1-inch squares)
- 3 cups cooked noodles (4 ounces uncooked)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Saute bacon until crisp in large frying pan. Remove bacon; set aside.
- Stir sugar and salt into bacon drippings. Add cabbage, stirring
- until cabbage is coated with bacon drippings. Cover and cook 7 to 10
- minutes. Add cooked noodles and bacon, stirring to blend. Adjust
- seasoning to taste.
- Spoon into 2-quart baking casserole; cover tightly and bake at
- 325° for 45 minutes. Spread sour cream over top of casserole;
- sprinkle with paprika and return to oven for 5 minutes more. Yield:
- 10 servings.