Instead of relying on ordinary egg salad, I like to spark up brown-bag lunches with this hearty sandwich. Every bite is filled with eggs, cheese and flavor.—Cheryl Miller, Fort Collins, Colorado
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread on 2 slices of
- bread. Top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 272 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 889 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 16 g protein.