Instead of relying on ordinary egg salad, I like to spark up brown-bag lunches with this hearty sandwich. Every bite is filled with eggs, cheese and flavor.—Cheryl Miller, Fort Collins, Colorado
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/3 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Spread on 2 slices of bread. Top with lettuce and remaining bread. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Humpty-Dumpty Sandwiches in Taste of Home August/September 1994, p54
Reviews for Humpty-Dumpty Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review