Hummus & Veggie Wrap-Up
I had a sandwich similar to this once when I stopped at a diner while on a long and arduous walk. I enjoyed it so much that I modified it to my own taste and now have it for lunch on a regular basis. Everyone at work wants to know how to make it.Michael Steffens, Indianapolis, Indiana
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons hummus
- 1 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches)
- 1/4 cup torn mixed salad greens
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette
- Spread hummus over tortilla. Layer with salad greens, onion,
- cucumber, sprouts and carrot. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Roll up
- tightly. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 wrap equals 235 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 415 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.