Hummingbird Cheesecake Recipe
Filled with banana and pineapple, this soft cheesecake is a refreshing finale for a holiday meal. Sweetened whipped cream makes the perfect garnish. —Linda Stemen, Monroeville, Indiana
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup toasted ground pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, pecans and butter. Press onto the bottom of prepared pan; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in pineapple and banana. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- 5. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Garnish cheesecake with whipped cream. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 560 calories, 44g fat (25g saturated fat), 191mg cholesterol, 321mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein
Reviews for Hummingbird Cheesecake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC