- blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the shortening, butter, lemon
- peel and salt until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar alternately
- with pineapple juice. Beat in cream. Spread between layers and over
- top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Yield:
- 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 777 calories, 35 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 113 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.