Hugs 'N' Kisses Brownie Recipe
"When I needed a dessert in a hurry, I dressed up a brownie mix with on-hand ingredients to come up with this impressive treat," says Kristi Van Batavia of Kansas City, Missouri.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla or white chips, divided
- 14 to 16 milk chocolate kisses
- 14 to 16 striped chocolate kisses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, stir brownie mix, egg, oil and water until well blended. Fold in 1 cup vanilla chips.
- 2. Pour into a greased 9-in. heart-shaped or round springform pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 in. from edge of pan comes out clean.
- 3. Let stand for 10 minutes; alternate milk chocolate and striped kisses around edge of pan with points toward center. Melt shortening and remaining chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over brownie. Cool completely. Remove sides of springform pan before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 378 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 180 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC