"When I needed a dessert in a hurry, I dressed up a brownie mix with on-hand ingredients to come up with this impressive treat," says Kristi Van Batavia of Kansas City, Missouri.
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla or white chips, divided
- 14 to 16 milk chocolate kisses
- 14 to 16 striped chocolate kisses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, stir brownie mix, egg, oil and water until well blended. Fold in 1 cup vanilla chips.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. heart-shaped or round springform pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 in. from edge of pan comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes; alternate milk chocolate and striped kisses around edge of pan with points toward center. Melt shortening and remaining chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over brownie. Cool completely. Remove sides of springform pan before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hugs 'N' Kisses Brownie in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p48
Reviews for Hugs 'N' Kisses Brownie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2009
"This seems like a cool recipe =)