- 1 package fudge brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups vanilla or white chips, divided
- 14 to 16 milk chocolate kisses
- 14 to 16 striped chocolate kisses
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, stir brownie mix, egg, oil and water until well blended. Fold in 1 cup vanilla chips.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. heart-shaped or round springform pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 2 in. from edge of pan comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes; alternate milk chocolate and striped kisses around edge of pan with points toward center. Melt shortening and remaining chips; stir until smooth. Drizzle over brownie. Cool completely. Remove sides of springform pan before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Hugs 'N' Kisses Brownie in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p48
Reviews for Hugs 'N' Kisses Brownie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 5, 2017
"I make this every year for teachers and friends! It is a hit! Simple, with on hand ingredients! Not to mention it is adorable! Impressive as a gift or simply delicious as a quick treat!"
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2009
"This seems like a cool recipe =)