You'll think these eggs really do have a bit of devil's heat in them. For a milder version, remove the ribs and seeds from the jalapeno. #151;Linda Ross, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
- 12 hard-cooked eggs
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add 3 tablespoons cilantro, mayonnaise, onions, sour cream, jalapeno, lime peel, cumin, salt and pepper; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with remaining cilantro. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Huevos Diablos in Summer Appetizers 2012 2012
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Huevos Diablos
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review