Huckleberry Cheese Pie Recipe
- BUTTER CRUNCH CRUST:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipped cream or 1 cup whipped topping
- FRUIT TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups fresh huckleberries or blueberries, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and nuts. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Spread on baking sheet; bake at 400° for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Remove from oven. While mixture is still hot, press into a 9-in. pie plate forming a pie shell. Cool completely.
- 3. For cheese filling, beat cram cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth; gently fold in whipped cream. Pour or spoon filling into cooled crust; refrigerate.
- 4. For topping, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt in saucepan. Stir in water until smooth; add 1 cup berries. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add butter and remaining berries. Cool; pour over filling. Top with additional whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 379 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Huckleberry Cheese Pie
"Made this according to the recipe, using fresh picked huckleberries (we live in Montana). It is absolutely one of the VERY BEST DESSERTS I HAVE EVER TASTED!!! I served it at a dinner party and all the guests just loved it! The texture is wonderful - does not fall apart when sliced. I would give this one 10 stars if I could! This one is a must-make!!"
"I made this with a traditional pie crust. It was great. Would definitely make again"