Hubby's Favorite Crepes Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sherry or chicken broth
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 15 prepared crepes (9 inches)
- Additional sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add mushrooms and onion; saute until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Gradually add milk. Stir in the bouillon, Italian seasoning and pepper.
- 2. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in sour cream and sherry. Remove 1 cup sauce; set aside. Stir chicken and 1 tablespoon parsley into remaining mixture; heat through.
- 3. Spread 3 tablespoons filling down the center of each crepe; roll up. Drizzle reserved sauce over the top. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve with additional sour cream if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
3 crepes with 3 tablespoons sauce (calculated without additional sour cream) equals 460 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 114 mg cholesterol, 752 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.