House of Plenty's Turtle Pie
We combined some favorite ingredients for this pie and soon put it on the daily dessert menu.—Joan Gocking, Moundsville, West Virginia
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cups (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream and additional chocolate chips, pecans and caramel topping for garnish, optional
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and pecans into pastry shell.
- Pour caramel topping over chip and pecans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Meanwhile,
- in a small saucepan, combine cream and remaining chips; cook and
- stir over low heat until smooth.
- Gradually beat into cream cheese mixture. Carefully spread into
- pastry shell. Chill until set. Garnish as desired. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 428 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.