House of Plenty's Turtle Pie Recipe
We combined some favorite ingredients for this pie and soon put it on the daily dessert menu.—Joan Gocking, Moundsville, West Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 cups (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream and additional chocolate chips, pecans and caramel topping for garnish, optional
- 1. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and pecans into pastry shell. Pour caramel topping over chip and pecans; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cream and remaining chips; cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- 3. Gradually beat into cream cheese mixture. Carefully spread into pastry shell. Chill until set. Garnish as desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 428 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC