House of Plenty's Turtle Pie Recipe
- 1 cups (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream and additional chocolate chips, pecans and caramel topping for garnish, optional
- 1. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and pecans into pastry shell. Pour caramel topping over chip and pecans; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cream and remaining chips; cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- 3. Gradually beat into cream cheese mixture. Carefully spread into pastry shell. Chill until set. Garnish as desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 428 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for House of Plenty's Turtle Pie
"This is really good and very easy to make. I used fat-free cream cheese and a Keebler chocolate crust. The crust added a little crunch to the texture, and more chocolate never hurts. I'll definitely make this pie again."
"I haven't made this yet but I used to work there and this as well as their Cherry pie are my absolute favorite! Kathy is a culinary genius!:o)"
"I made this for our anniversary and we ended up eating the whole pie in a few days! It tasted best cold and next time I'll try mini chocolate chips."