- 1 cups (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream and additional chocolate chips, pecans and caramel topping for garnish, optional
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and pecans into pastry shell. Pour caramel topping over chip and pecans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cream and remaining chips; cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Gradually beat into cream cheese mixture. Carefully spread into pastry shell. Chill until set. Garnish as desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for House of Plenty's Turtle Pie
Sort By :
I haven't made this yet but I used to work there and this as well as their Cherry Pie are my absolute favorite! Kathy is a culinary genius!:o)
I made this for our anniversary and we ended up eating the whole pie in a few days! It tasted best cold and next time I'll try mini chocolate chips.