We combined some favorite ingredients for this pie and soon put it on the daily dessert menu.—Joan Gocking, Moundsville, West Virginia
- 1 cups (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream and additional chocolate chips, pecans and caramel topping for garnish, optional
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and pecans into pastry shell. Pour caramel topping over chip and pecans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cream and remaining chips; cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Gradually beat into cream cheese mixture. Carefully spread into pastry shell. Chill until set. Garnish as desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as House of Plenty's Turtle Pie in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p51
Reviews for House of Plenty's Turtle Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review