- 1 cups (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream and additional chocolate chips, pecans and caramel topping for garnish, optional
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and pecans into pastry shell. Pour caramel topping over chip and pecans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cream and remaining chips; cook and stir over low heat until smooth.
- Gradually beat into cream cheese mixture. Carefully spread into pastry shell. Chill until set. Garnish as desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as House of Plenty's Turtle Pie in Taste of Home December/January 1998, p51
Reviews for House of Plenty's Turtle Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 26, 2011
"I haven't made this yet but I used to work there and this as well as their Cherry pie are my absolute favorite! Kathy is a culinary genius!:o)"