Hot Wing Pizza Recipe
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1/3 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with steak seasoning on both sides. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered , over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170° Cool slightly; cut into strips.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring the tomato sauce, butter, hot sauce and pepper sauce to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add chicken; heat through.
- 3. Place crust on a 12-in. pizza pan; spread with salad dressing. Top with chicken mixture, cheese and onions.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
1 slice: 386 calories, 18g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 1054mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Hot Wing Pizza
"Yummy! I used homemade pizza sauce for the tomato sauce and about 3 or more tablespoons of Red Hot Sauce. Added chopped green peppers and some cheddar cheese. Also, added some blackened seasoning to the grilled chicken."
"This is a great recipe, with a few changes for the future. I did make it exactly as written, except added more cheese and substituted the onions for celery from previous reviews. The flavor was good, but it was so hot! It should have a warning or an alternative to reduce the spice. I will make this again, but reduce the hot sauce to 1 tablespoon and add more tomato sauce, maybe even a little sugar. It did give me an idea to maybe try it as tacos, too."
"Our family loves this pizza!! We do half the pizza in blu cheese and half in ranch. the suggestion to add celery to the pizza is awesome!! this is a favorite for our fam!!"
"This is my spicy food loving Husbands favorite dish! I usually add blue cheese crumbles, and diced fresh celery to it after it's cooked. Way too spicy for me but he loves it!"
"This is AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS! We used ranch instead of blue cheese and used closer to 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.~ Theresa"
"My family loves this pizza. I switched cut celery for the green onions and added blue cheese crumbles also."
"Made this and loved it!Used Ken's Blue Cheese Dressing"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.