- 1 medium kohlrabi
- 1 medium turnip
- 1 small rutabaga
- 4 medium carrots, halved crosswise
- 4 medium leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 12 fresh cauliflowerets
- MUSTARD SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Pinch pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Peel kohlrabi, turnip and rutabaga; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Halve the kohlrabi and turnip slices; quarter the rutabaga slices. Place all vegetables in a large saucepan and cover with water; cook until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan; stir in flour. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add salt if desired and pepper. Gradually add milk; cook and stir until mixture boils. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in mustard.
- Drain vegetables; serve with warm mustard sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hot Vegetable Plate in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p39
Reviews for Hot Vegetable Plate
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review