Hot Turkey Sandwiches Recipe
- 3 bone-in turkey breasts (6 to 7 pounds each)
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cups thinly sliced green onions
- 1-1/2 cups butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 to 4 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 50 sandwich rolls, split
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place turkey on racks in roasting pans. Bake, uncovered, 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting several times with pan drippings. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Shred turkey.
- 2. In several Dutch ovens or large pans, saute mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, basil, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the turkey and heat through. Stir in cream; cook until heated through. Spoon 1/2 cup onto each roll. Yield: 50 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 365 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 679 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Hot Turkey Sandwiches
"Very popular with gatherings of friends"
"I've made this recipe several times and it is absoutely yummy! I usually cut it in thirds, cooking just one turkey breast and 1/3 the other ingredients."