Hot Turkey Sandwich Recipe
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 turkey breast cutlets (about 1 pound)
- 6 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 6 tomato slices
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 12 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill turkey, covered, over indirect medium heat or broil 6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich: 232 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 373mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat, 0 fat.
Reviews for Hot Turkey Sandwich
"Wow! What a surprise for turkey. Great, quick and totally tasty! Will add this to my array of recipes."
"for turkey that is t o o many calories..."