When you're looking for a cold salad to serve, turn here! Just combine the ingredients—eliminating the crushed potato chips—and serve chilled instead. Whether you serve it hot or cold, it's delicious.—Jane Payne, Twin Falls, Idaho
Recommended: Fresh, Balanced & Filling No-Cook Summer Dinners
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, combine the first eight ingredients. Top with potato chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Turkey Salad in Country Woman November/December 1996, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hot Turkey Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review