When you're looking for a cold salad to serve, turn here! Just combine the ingredients—eliminating the crushed potato chips—and serve chilled instead. Whether you serve it hot or cold, it's delicious.—Jane Payne, Twin Falls, Idaho
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, combine the first eight ingredients. Top with potato chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Turkey Salad in Country Woman November/December 1996, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hot Turkey Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review