Hot Turkey Salad
When you're looking for a cold salad to serve, turn here! Just combine the ingredients—eliminating the crushed potato chips—and serve chilled instead. Whether you serve it hot or cold, it's delicious.—Jane Payne, Twin Falls, Idaho
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 cups diced celery
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Top with potato chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes or until bubbly. Yield:
- 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 786 calories, 66 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 963 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.