Hot Turkey Salad Sandwiches
Our family looks forward to these day-after-Christmas sandwiches featuring leftover turkey. When presented alongside coleslaw and cranberry sauce, they make another meal worth celebrating.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the celery, onion, eggs, mayonnaise, salt
- and pepper. Add turkey: toss to coat. Spoon into buns. Wrap each in
- foil. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 435 calories, 28 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 653 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.