Our family looks forward to these day-after-Christmas sandwiches featuring leftover turkey. When presented alongside coleslaw and cranberry sauce, they make another meal worth celebrating.
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the celery, onion, eggs, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Add turkey: toss to coat. Spoon into buns. Wrap each in foil. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Turkey Salad Sandwiches in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2000, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hot Turkey Salad Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review