Hot Turkey Salad Pitas Recipe
Fresh fruit and cooked turkey tastily combine in these yummy pita bread sandwiches.—Rachael Vanderndool, Barrys Bay, Ontario
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- 1. For relish, place the orange, cranberries, grapes, sugar and ginger in a blender or food processor. Cover and process until finely chopped. Set aside 1/2 cup. Cover and refrigerate remaining relish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the turkey, celery, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and reserved relish. Spoon into pita halves. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until heated though. Serve with the chilled relish. Yield: 2-4 servings.
1 each: 542 calories, 26g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Hot Turkey Salad Pitas
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC