Fresh fruit and cooked turkey tastily combine in these yummy pita bread sandwiches.—Rachael Vanderndool, Barrys Bay, Ontario
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), halved
- For relish, place the orange, cranberries, grapes, sugar and ginger in a blender or food processor. Cover and process until finely chopped. Set aside 1/2 cup. Cover and refrigerate remaining relish.
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, celery, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and reserved relish. Spoon into pita halves. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until heated though. Serve with the chilled relish. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Originally published as Hot Turkey Salad Pitas in Country Woman November/December 2000, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Hot Turkey Salad Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review